Plan for worker installation
In zervicepoint terms, the "Worker" is a summary of the zervicepoint systems Client Web Service, Provisioning System and Provisioning Inventory System installed on a server in a on-premises environment.
List of prerequisites for Zervicepoint Worker
- Windows Server (2012/2016/2019)
- Service Account(s)
- DNS entry for ClientWebService
- SSL Certificate for ClientWebService
- Windows Server 2012 R2 x64
- Standard or Enterprise
- Windows Server 2016 (Recommended)
- Standard or Datacenter
- Windows Server 2019
- Standard or Datacenter
Windows Features requirements
The following Windows features should be installed on the server:
This is for Server 2016/2019. Run the command below in Powershell with Administrative rights
Add-WindowsFeature -Name @( 'Net-Framework-45-Core', 'Web-Server', 'Web-Log-Libraries', 'Web-Request-Monitor', 'Web-Net-Ext45', 'Web-Windows-Auth', 'Web-Asp-Net45', 'Web-ISAPI-Ext', 'Web-ISAPI-Filter', 'Net-WCF-HTTP-Activation45', 'Web-Mgmt-Console' )
You can use either a local or domain service account. We recommend using a domain service account in order to easily authenticate with Active Directory.
The service account for ClientWebService should have "read" related permissions to systems it integrates with, while the ProvisioningSystem service should have read/write.
Service account for Client Web Service
- Local or domain account (i.e svc-zp-cws)
- Log on as service on the worker server
- Full control permissions to client web service data signing certificate
Service account for Provisioning System service
- Local or domain account (i.e svc-zp-ps)
- Local Administrator
Allow the following network traffic
|TCP||Worker server||portal.zervicepoint.com||443, 9900, 20000, 30000|
Verify that the customer clients and servers are able to access the Zervicepoint cloud environment
- The server has internet access
- The ports above has been configured
- No proxy is blocking the clients and servers from reaching Zervicepoint cloud environment
Client web service
- A DNS host (A/AAAA/CNAME) record that points to the worker server, i.e. cws.example.com
SSL Certificate is required for Client Web Service.
- Used by Client Web Service for encrypting communication (https)
- Should have same common name as the DNS record for the worker server. (i.e cws.example.com)
This certificate must be installed in the Local Machine personal folder on the worker server prior to the installation wizard.
Configure Client Web Service URL
Set your Client Web Service URL in the Zervicepoint Admin Webl.
Go to Edit Store > Select Worker Authentication and then:
- Update Client Web Service Url
Replace cws.example.com with your chosen hostname for Client Web Service.
- Ensure Authentication method is assigned to Key.
- Save settings.